The ARTSI (Advancing Robotics Technology for Societal Impact) Alliance is a collaborative education and research project centered around robotics for healthcare, the arts, and entrepreneurship.
* Increase the number of African Americans who study computer science and robotics in college, and encourage them to pursue advanced training in graduate school. * Increase the number of HBCU faculty who educate students in robotics and involve students in robotics research. * Recruit K-12 and HBCU students to pursue computer science and robotics education.
BROADER IMPACTS of the ARTSI Alliance
* Promoting role modeling and mentoring for HBCU faculty and students in robotics education and research. * Creating a nation-wide resource and learning community of African Americans involved in robotics, and increasing public awareness of their work. * Enlarging the audience of students who find robotics computing careers attractive.
Project Website: ARTSI Aliiance
Player/Stage for teaching
- ARTSI 2008 workshop powerpoint(Introduction to Player, Programming the Creates, Using Stage for simulation)
- CD image file for creating a bootable DVD to start linux environment
- VM file for starting livecd.iso within a virtual machine
- for adding ultrasonic sensors via i2c to Create
- File for running the i2c ultrasonics
PREOP for outreach
Workshops / Posters
This work was supported in part by the following NSF grants: BPC-0742123
Programming the iRobot Create robots via Player Stage